Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cowboy, 2004

Charcoal on paperboard
On Christmas Day 2004, my sister told me she wanted to decorate her living room in a southwestern theme, and she wanted a "big picture of a cowboy." I had nothing better to do than eat Christmas candy, so I drew one for her!
A rare glimpse of the artist at work. (On the living room floor, NOT being helped by Lucy the cat!) Also, some in-progress shots that show the random photo I found on the Internet and used as inspiration.

And here's my sister, delighted by the final product! :)

3 comments:

christina said...

Wow, Angie, these are all fantastic. And I love the fact that they all went to people who are important to you. You're a very talented artist.

Sal DeTraglia said...

Holy crap!!!

We hardly knew ye!

You are officially granted a waiver from Sal's Uke-learning Decree. Your talents are obviously better focused elsewhere.

Angie said...

Christina, you'll make me blush!

Sal, thank goodness, after my lackluster guitar experiences and 12 failed years of piano lessons, the uke seemed insurmountable!